Per Becker’s Spine:
Plano-based Texas Back Institute researchers found Centinel Spine’s ProDisc-C device is generally safe for use in spine surgery procedures, Spinal News International reports.
Researchers at the Texas Health Center for Diagnostics and Surgery in Plano studied 504 patients who underwent procedures involving the device.
1. There were no secondary operations for device failure.
2. Twenty-eight patients, or 5.5 percent, required follow-up surgeries.
3. Twenty of the secondary operations were related to adjacent segment degeneration.
4. Three of the reoperations involved ACDF, and two were spinal cord stimulator implantations.
5. There was one secondary surgery for total disc replacement repositioning, one for wound infection and one for haematoma drainage.